The Department of Mechanical Engineering T.E. is part of the Faculty of Technological Applications of the T.E.I. of Western Greece at Patra, Achaia, where its educational and administrative activities are located.
Objectives of the T.E.I. of Western Greece and Priorities of its Department of Mechanical Engineers T.E. are the following.
TECHNOLOGICAL EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE (T.E.I.) OF WESTERN GREECE
As an Educational Institute with Technological Sectors, it emphasizes on training professionals at high-quality applications, with their theoretical and applied scientific training:
- Being a link between knowledge and application by developing the applied dimension of science and arts in pertinent professional fields.
- Transfer, use and promote modern technology, methods, practices and techniques in high-value applications.
Based on these commitments, the Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece combines the development of a suitable theoretical background with high-level laboratory and practical training. At the same time, it conducts applied technological research, and develops know-how and innovations in respective professional areas.
DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING T.E.
The main priority of the Department is to provide students with fundamental as well as specialized knowledge, which will be necessary for them to work in professional sectors related to the production process, the use of mechanical, electronic and energy systems, the protection of the environment, and the development and use of new materials, as well.
Therefore, the objectives and duties of the Department are, inter alia, to:
- Educate students in engineering technological areas and express their skills in applying, developing and promoting new technologies.
- Develop scientific links with industry by the participation in production processes and the promotion of innovative projects aimed at developing technological knowledge national- and international-wide.
- Engage in applied technological research.
- Handle programs and specialization courses in modern technologies, aiming at the continuous training of graduates on them.
By completing their studies, students acquire the Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering at Technological Education, whose professional rights are analyzed here.